http://sreethaalam.blogspot.in/

2015, ഒക്‌ടോബർ 15, വ്യാഴാഴ്‌ച

Poove Sempoove song-The wondeful song which really deserves a Discussion and assessment....!!!


 You are most Welcome to

Poove sempoove un vaasam varum.... Must require a description...!
PLEASE READ BELOW .....
Music - Ilayaraja
Singer -Yesudas
Lyricist -Vaali
Movie-Solla Thudikuthu Manasu
Cover-Dr.M.S.Sreekumar
Dear viewers...First invite you to watch this video( Previously the heading of this programme I`ve seen in You tube was like this... `Yesudas make mistake while singing...`.Anyway that heading was changed...A good thing...


Now please read  my humble article about this song with my limited knowledge in music....

When we try to listen or sing this song from the Tamil film `Solla tudikkithu Manassu`,I think it really need an introduction for this song, the way in which I understood this song,especially that of the music part....I am an illiterate in the Great Tamil language, only know the general meaning of the song ,that too since I am from Kerala,the near by state and Tamil is considered to be the Mother of Malayalam Language...So I can not even say a word about the poetry or lyrical aspect of the song; the respected Vaali Sir had made.But with the very very limited knowledge in music, if I am  singing the cover version of this  highly melodious ,highly rhythmic song with out an introduction to this song ;the points which I felt by trying to understand this song;it will be a great fault from my part with out sharing it with you all dears ,my listeners ,who encouraged me always by kindly adjusted with all the mistakes I might have been made in my various songs till now...

This was a little bit difficult song for me to get in to the rhythmic pattern at two portions.....Usually all the cover songs by me ,posted in the `M.S.Sreekumar channel-(https://www.youtube.com/user/drmssreekumar-)You tube` required ,hardly one listening of the original;one listening of the Karoke track and then the recording of the cover song...That was/is my method...This I could have been done I think is ,because of the fact that most of the songs I`ve posted were the familiar songs to me from the childhood itself through the radio (during that period only radio was there.)......And as per present situations ,when we do a cover song using a Karoke track ,for most of the songs; once we hear the song,we will get an idea about  the way in which the songs goes `up &down` and the `scale `of the song due to the `Kelvi Jnanam`(In Indian music we say like that) and  merciful God permitted me to sing it ;of course mistakes might have been there....;but without making major heavy mistakes till now,I think....
 Why I have given an introduction to this song `Poove Sempoove`like this ,is that,this song `Poove Sempoove` I heard first is from the internet ,that too from an IllayaRaja Sir`s programme in which Dasettan sings it(Video above).....The heading of the video at that time was `Yesudas makes mistake while singing this song` or like that..Then I curiously watched what mistake a legend like `Dasettan` , our `Kochi man`( Means A legend originated from the Ernakulam district ie, Kochi  area of Kerala,S.India) can make?!!!
When I deeply watched the song it understood that,it is not really fully Dasettans mistake,but any singer can really have it because of the particular way in which the Musical intellactual Giant `Isai Jnani` made it like that....I found out with my little knowledge the following techniques intentionally or may be; unintentionally and ofcourse Cleverly Raja Sir used in this song...

1) Raja Sir made it as a  very highly melodious song...The lyrics are heart touching...In the begining itself Dasettan says,`This song is absolutely from my heart....I love this song`...The problem(It is Not at all a `Problem`) with this is that when you are  highly involved  in this song ,and go on progression you will be in a different level of mind ; you will be spiritually involved in it, where there can be chances of forgetting the mathematics of the song ....

2)At this juncture,Raja Sir made the intellectual twisting (A rough man can say ;An intellectual trapping..!) ie,  Over and above the the different percussion and non percussion musical instruments used in a twisted way, (That are not a major problem to an expert singer),what he has done is that he has composed additional `Bars` in the musical bits; that a normal or expert singer or a listener  never  expects...(Especially after the Anupallavi).....For a listener it imparts more joy because it will only makes additional twinklings in the brain cells of him,and make him more involved&joyful ....but for a singer it can sometime make difficulties to get in to the rhythmic pattern because he is highly involved in this song...that too in a similar state of spiritually activated mind...So we can not say Padmasree DR.K.J.Yesudas has made a mistake...;more over he was very highly involved and reached in a spiritual musical state of mind,I think....And in the last portion of the video when Dasettan makes the correction, we can find that he is concentrating in the Mathematics of the `Bars of music` and get in to the correct pattern to satisfy himself and others....
(Also when we say about the twisted way in which Raja Sir made the percussion instruments; the way in which the`Hatop` of the drum set  after the anupallavi is quite interesting....Actually this song is composed in the 6/8 rhythm I think .But in this particular sequence of musical bits in between the twisted violin bits ,the `hatop` and `Kick`  he used;we might suspect whether it is composed in an 8/8 pattern ,but it is in the 6/8  pattern itself...

3)While watching this stage programme first time in the internet , I was not at all thought about  the above facts and not knowing the difficulty.....But when I tried to make a cover song of this song,(Before 1 year I had made the vocal track of this song) the things made little bit shock to me....I need to have taken 31 (Thirty one) takes ; as against all my previous experiences ;to get the correct vocal track  !!!....For myself ,getting in to Charanam after the anupallavi bits, (seems as in the stage programme of Dasettan-)has NOT MADE that much problem; but in between the the Anupallavi after humming ,the difficulty to get in to the rhythmic pattern came  !!!.....
`In this `Computer music creating world` I could have been managed it little bit easIly by adding a `bell` or symbol at the correct posItion of the Karaoke track `to get in to`the vocal  very easily....But by  bestowing before these two LEGENDS as a matter of faith and with prayers ,I have never done it.....

4)Feel so much happy that ,even-though I have not seen with my physical eyes ,these two LEGENDS ,IsaiJnani IllayaRaja Sir and Padmasree DR.K.J.Yesudas Sir,I am so much happy that I could have been live in the time period of the world ,where these  two blessed  Musical king of kings  where lived.....

Dr.M.S.Sreekumar(Only a zygote ,not even an embryo in music)

Now Please watch my Cover song...And request you to use your head phones..


Poove sempoove un vaasam varum
vaasal en vaasal un poongavanam
vaai pesidum puzhanguzhal
nee than oru poovin madal
poove sempoove un vaasam varum
poove sempoove


Nizhal pola naanum aah..
Nizhal pola naanum
nadai poda neeyum
thodargindra sontham
nedungala bantham
kadal vaanam kooda
niram mara koodum
manam konda paasam
thadam maaridathu
naan vaazhum vaazhve
unakkaga thaane
naal thorum nenjil
naane yenthum thene
ennaalum sangeetham santhosame
vaai pesidum puzhanguzhal
nee than oru poovin madal
poove sempoove un vaasam varum
poove sempoove......

Unnai pola naanum
oru pillai thaane
palar vanthu konjum
kili pillai thaane
unnai pola naanum
malar soodum penmai
vithi ennum noolil
vizhaiyaadum bommai
naan seitha paavam
enodu pogum
nee vazhnthu naan thaan
paarthale pothum
inaalum enaalum ullaasame
vaai pesidum puzhanguzhal
nee than oru poovin madal

poove sempoove un vaasam varum
vaasal en vaasal un poongavanam
vaai pesidum puzhanguzhal
nee than oru poovin madal
poove sempoove un vaasam varum
poove sempoove....

Now once again watch the re-performance and the dedication by Dasettan....


The Cover version of this song you can watch in the the M.S.Sreekumar channel You tube( https://www.youtube.com/user/drmssreekumar ) also....

THANK YOU FOR THE PATIENCE YOU HAVE SHOWN TO  READ THE ABOVE  ARTICLE AND TO WATCH THE VIDEOS.....Dr.M.S.Sreekumar-Sreethaaalam.









അഭിപ്രായങ്ങളൊന്നുമില്ല:

ഒരു അഭിപ്രായം പോസ്റ്റ് ചെയ്യൂ